CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

ramble

Apparently sitting down at the computer takes away all of my thoughts at least temporarily. I had so many things that I thought of posting here and now when I finally get my password so I can get back here, well I forgot everything. So, as I talk in the "the real world" I shall ramble on and hope to happen upon an actual thought of merit. Hmm, here goes ... How thankfull I am for my friends. Interesting girls day sewing(or chat day) at sew mamas house. Had quite a large crew of children with 5 families present. Each lady there is held dear to my heart. One could harldy believe that such diverse persons could band together so tightly in bonds of friendship. Our dear little group ranges from former socialites turned super mom of 7 to a pediatric nurse mommy turned stay at home chicken farmer who wears handmade skirts and whose children are adorned in handmade fashions rivaling any store bought creation. Ladies whose happiest times are spent wearing aprons using cloth napkins and mixing home brewed tonics for ailments on one end of the spectrum and those who thinks shopping for just the right outfit is a must and whose child has the same love for sequins and sparkles as her flashy momma, who has been known to wear sequined adorned skirts to clean house in and was taken aback that the fashion she wore were considered gaudy!! (Consider the source of the comment was from a flip flop wearing flour sack cloth loving friends, sequin cleaning mom was ok with the comment). Some controversy occured over one friends new method of child training in the area of finance. Using the Dave Ramsey financial peace for kids plan, money is earned but also is taken away in the form of fines for a few unacceptable behaviors (talking back and not obeying immediately). One dear friend who has a penchant for exaggerating stories for humor and effect (she is so funny) announced that the mother using the fine for behaviour plan had given up Biblical methods and turned instead to a "gasp" modern method (ie the fines). Well, as it happens one dear lady was so horrified at the thought she immediately, in a grave tone, spoke of her concerns at such a plan, leaving out the God ordained discipline and going with what seemed to be a wordly philosophy. Being the sweetest little thing, she was concerned over having voiced her opionions that they might have hurt anothers feelings, well, no harm done as the mother who has implemented the new plan merely laughed that this dear friend could be drawn into the silly exaggerations of the story teller. All is well, and the child who faces fines for her actions most certainly is still corrected in the Biblically directed manner. Ok, so I have rambled on and on, much like in real life, so I shall just say to those of you reading this (if such a person exist) sorry for the ramble and BLESS YOUR HEART ! for taking the time to stop by.

1 comments:

Samantha Caffee said...

"Pediatric nurse mommy turned stay at home chicken farmer who wears handmade skirts" is this what you call me behind my back? LOL! I love being "that friend"! Oh and what else was I...a " dear friend who has a penchant for exaggerating stories for humor and effect"! You are so funny! Why do I love that you described me that way? I'm having the best time with that! Love ya girl! Signed your trashy friend Sam