CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bad hair, worse clothes, tantrums, ah the joy of Sunday's

What a wonderfull day, a day ordained of God to be a day of rest ! How blissful is the thought of a quiet day of tranquility and peace. A full day set aside for rest and a fellowship of the saints learning from Gods word in unity and one accord. Just the thought of it amazes me. So amazing in fact I wonder where such a day exists. Not with my family !! No, quite the opposite, the day starts out with me making a nice breakfast of omlets, toast and oatmeal. So far so good but then it starts. Darling daughter refuses to take vitamins (very expensive ones much needed as it seems my cooking does not provide all the essentials according to dear husband, thus dear daughter eats too much , only one of the many errors I make it seems.), dearest husband makes faces about the homeade oatmeal that could rival any small child who was force fed a lemon. Then darling daughter starts complaining that I was going to eat the last piece of toast and she was quite bothered by it. Would have made more sense had she not had toast on her plate and in her hand at the time but ... seemed justified to her. Now, for the battle royal aka fixing darling daughters hair. Well, letting the bangs grow out are just so precious as her baby fine hair slips out of every hair style I try and looks terrible. She ofcourse is "carrying on" to point I want to give the child a buzz cut (ok not really). Going to get in our car I realize you can see straight through darling daughters dress, thus we must go back up stairs and have her get redressed amid her protests. That being done we get in our car, well she does, I have to go back in the house for my Bible. Whew, I sit in the car so relieved that it is only 9:30 the time we were to leave. I proudly point this out to my husband who replies well good as we were almost late last week. Almost late?? How can you be almost late? I asked. Obviously a silly question on my part since he just kept saying ok then, in a tone that means I am exasperated with my dimwitted wife who does not even get the concept of time. (still don't since almost late to me means not late so there!) Arriving at church, (well before class starts thank you very much) I happen to see a reflection of my self in the restroom mirror which is quite upsetting to put it mildy. As I know had the knowledge of just how bad I looked wearing a homemade skirt (made by me thank you very much) upon my word if I knew how horrible I looked I would surely not have worn it. The fact it did not match my blouse and my frowsy hair was pulled up in a small clip and make up was only so - so was only part of the horrid ensemble as I had worn white anklets (thought to be hidden as the skirt was so long) not the case. So, into service I go with my ugly clothes, frowsy hair, less than great attitude and half smile. Sunday school is interesting, darling daughter actually comes in from her class and sits down (Lord, I do thank you for that one) Service is going well and darling daughter whispers (read talks somewhat less loud that usual) only half the time. I am now breathing easy, listening to a really interesting sermon when it starts. What is "it" only a meltdown to be in progress, I say to be because it was only a mere scuffle at this point. Dearest husband wants darling daughter to share her life savers with her friend. She loves her friend and wants to share but she is taking way to long trying to get the life savers apart and finally I take candy out of her hand and pass it down. Well, not only did she not get to hand her friend the wonderfull red life saver (the best as everyone knows) she did not have any more life savers. Oh the fit, she throws herself across the chairs and weeps ans though her heart were breaking. Such pitifull sobs that one would think a beloved pet had died. Dearest husband gives me the sign to do something about it and finally tells me to take darling outside. Easier said than done as pastor was halfway down the aisle speaking and dd was whole heartedly refusing to go. Finally the squalling tantrum had ended (thankfully unoticed by the congregation as a whole as darlings face was buried in a seat cushion. She is fine now although her face is red and blotchy and her formerly stringy hair is not wet stringy frizzy tangly looking and bangs in her eyes. Normally just a cutie, she looks sadly pitiful only beat out of being worst look in church today by me in the homeade skirt and ... you remember the rest. So, what do you think the correction should have been for such behavior? No reall what do you think it should have been? Somehow she ends up being apologized to by me and her dad, a promise of more candy, taken out for Chinese food which she loves and getting a new movie and soda at Wal-Mart. Hmm, I cannot imagine why she continures to have these tantrums at church (eyes rolling) So , I wonder where are these people who rest on the sabbath? And do they have a secret for keeping hair bows in and darling outfits on the entire family and make breakfast that the family enjoys? Hmm, now that I think of it I know where they are they the dear families all around mine at church who pretends not to notice the look and behavior of my darling childs tantrum and my somewhat fashion statement. To my dear friends who read this, you know who you are so I won't call you by name. Thank you for pretending not to notice and acting as if we were quite like the rest of you being in church with your sweet mannered children and darling oufits and cute hair. Love and hugs to you all, I think I will get a super bad unhealthy sugary off limit diet breaking, icy cold Coke, Cheers and a blessed sabbath to you all ! For any of you pitiful creatures who had a day similiar to mine BLESS YOUR HEART !

1 comments:

Samantha Caffee said...

Hey friend! I love your blog! I have laughed out loud! You are so funny, "bless your heart" hehe. I can't wait for the next post!