CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Cure for selfish, whiney , bad mood MOP !

Whiney, selfish, self centered excuse making brat !! How I loathe you and your detestable nature that is full of self and no thought of anyone but your miserable soul with your pity party of such large portion that it could rival mardi gra in size. Ah , how I despised even the very thought of how I behaved and thought yesterday. No need to list the tiresome list of excuses I made for myself to reason away such behavior as there is never a reason for a lady, a supposed Christian lady at that to wallow in self pity as a pig in a wallow. I am now humbled and shamed at my attitude and behavior not befitting a lady in any fashion. I was ill tempered and short with everyone who came into my path and feeling quite ill used by everyone who dared upset my delicate sensibilities due to my "infirmity" (read pmdd brat hormonal excuse maker). Spiraling down into my pool of despondency and thinking only of how detestable it was to deal with insufferable people (aka my family who were doing nothing of any consequence, no ill intent at all towards me) who did seek to comfort me in my loathsome infirmity (pmdd suffering self centered brattiness). Finally, my selfishness was put in check as daughter started complaining of a headache (praying for her healing from migraines) so I snapped out of my pity party mode, which had been ongoing throughout the day, and started tending to my punkin. I had her get into bed after giving her an extra strength tylenol and I asked if there was anything I could do to make her feel better, she requested a cool cloth for her head which I was happy to place on her little forehead. She asked would I lay down with her to which I answered with why I could not as the house was such a mess that I must clean it ( uh, right the house which had lain in shambles all day, unable to be cleaned due to my infirmity) Thankfully, coming to my senses I realized and told punkin that she was much more important than the house so ofc ourse I would snug up with her. After some time, she seemed to feel well enough to play her leapster and for me to be about the pursuits of cleaning as long as I checked on her often. I spied a bottle of a bleach cleaner on the counter (one of the many things that should have been put away) and sprayed it directly onto the kitchen floor which was overdue for a mop from a marathon day of baking held previously in the week. After mopping over the spray I was delighted to find that the floor looked so much better with so little effort that I started spraying more and rinsing the mop and working a bit more and with each pass of the mop being more encouraged in my work to the point where I pulled out the oven and mopped under it and washed it down (disgusting and something I never do , must add it to list of monthly chores). After checking on punkin and putting a few things away and continuing to mop, I realized that I felt better. Suddenly I had energy which here to fore seemed to have completely drained out of me. Such a revelation to me (actually a re revelation if you will as surely I had known this in times past). So, as a tip for anyone who cares to read this post (all two of you darlings) and a reminder to myself, when the day seems long and tiresome and attitude is vile, pick up a mop or broom or even a duster and get busy. Dear bloggy reader if you are feeling a bit "blue" , "under the weather", mistreated by everyone (atleast in your mind) get busy doing something productive and BLESS YOUR HEART !

2 comments:

Samantha Caffee said...

I felt myself leaning that way this morning, so I quickly got some crochet thread and a hook and went to work! Hope you feel better soon, and good to hear that you get to enjoy a clean kitchen floor for a few hours, or minutes!

Anonymous said...

Great work.