CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Friends of silver and gold

There is an old saying about old and new friends one being silver and one being the gold. Both to be cherished. My heart is ever so full of love and thankfulness because of the dearest ladies who to me are much more precious than silver and gold (and even diamonds and mind you that is allot if you know me well.). During the past week, I have been so thankful to spend time with an old friend that I have known since I was in high school. Oh the fun and the trials we have had together over the years makes us know each other so very well and makes the friendship so special. Also this week, much to my delight, I was able to spend time with another dear friend and her family, a friend that I have come to cherish and love, even though it has been but a year or so since we have met. I must also add that last week another lovely and dear friend came by with her darling children and visited and blessed me in a myriad of ways. These friendships are very dear to me and I smile even now thinking of these dear ladies. God has given each of these ladies such various gifts and talents that it certainly would take pages to list them all so I shall not attempt it. I will say that each of them use their different gifts and talents to the glory of God and to further advance the gospel going forth. It is without a doubt that I can say these women have a heart for Jesus and always a helping hand for a friend and even stranger alike. I wonder if they know how much I am blessed by them. One sweet friend has offered to work on a most hated thing ( getting rid of 5 garbage bags of clothes) if I will lose 5 lbs. This is her offer to suffer along with me so I will have encouragement to lose weight. Another darling friend came by and cut my hair in a style that I really like. Still another sweet friend comes by and encourages me so on the smallest of things I do (such as making a chicken salad sandwich, which is nothing) and she acts as if it is the finest of dinners and compliments me and makes me feel less like the struggling homemaker I sometimes feel I am. Friends like these are nothing less than blessings from the LORD ! May God help me to never take them for granted and to strive to be the friend to them that they are always to me. I thank the Lord for the wonderful gift of these special friends, yet another way the Lord blesses me exceedingly above all I could ask or think. Beloved friends, if you happen to read this, know I love you ! Thank you for you are darlings! So happy am I to know you ! Bless your heart!

1 comments:

Samantha Caffee said...

I just needed you to know,I am commenting from my new iPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ben came home with it today!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!